Square Enix has revealed a 10 year plan for content, support, and all-new elements of the game for fans to enjoy including an in-game Trust System for fans both new and old to enjoy.
If there’s one game in the world that continues to surprise fans and continues to deliver the most prestigious approach to fan treatment, it has to be Final Fantasy XIV. During the most recent Letter From the Producer LIVE broadcast, Producer and Director of Final Fantasy XIV, Naoki Yoshida revealed that the teams plan on supporting the game for the next 10 years.
Their goals include all-new graphical improvements coming in 7.0 and even an all-new Trust System that will be delivered in 6.1, which will help fans go through the game’s main story quest with the help of NPCs starting this April for all A Realm Reborn and later main scenario dungeons.
It was also revealed that they will be seeking a new single-player experience further, which includes several low-level main scenario duties being adjusted to be supported and accessible in a solo-play experience. Giving fans a way to enjoy the game without taking away the overall experience.
Yoshida also revealed that they have already begun to work on giving the game its first graphical update. The update is currently being subject to release with the next major expansion, which will release with update 7.0 for the title. The game will include improvements to characters, visuals, and how the game works with higher-resolution textures, improved material qualities, as well as lighting and shadow effects.
Yoshida also revealed a small roadmap of new planned content for the 6.1 series of patches leading into 6.5, which includes the post Hydaelyn and Zodiark saga content:
Patch 6.1 Series:
- New Main Scenario Questline – Patch 6.1 – 6.5
- “Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures” – Patch 6.1 – 6.5
- “Tataru’s Grand Endeavor” Sidequest Series – Patch 6.1 – 6.5
- Myths of the Realm #1 (Alliance Raid)
- Crystalline Conflict (New PvP)
- Arkasodara Tribe Quests and Dailies
- Dragonsong’s Reprise (New Ultimate Duty)
- Ultima’s Bane (Unreal)
- Trust Support for A Realm Reborn (Patch 2.0) Main Scenario Dungeons
- New Calling Card-Style UI (Name TBD)
- New Hairstyles for Hrothgar
- Empyreum (Ishgard Housing)
- Custom Deliveries: Ameliance
- Plus, New Trials and other assorted updates…
Patch 6.2 Series:
- Trust Support for A Realm Reborn 2.X Main Scenario Dungeons
- Trust Support for 2-3 Heavensward™ Main Scenario Dungeons
- New Weapon Enhancements
- New “Criterion” Dungeon with Variable Difficulty (for 1–4 Players)
- “Island Sanctuary” Debuts
- Plus Pandæmonium, Faux Hollows, Other Trials, and more…
Patch 6.3 Series:
- Trust system for Remaining Heavensward Main Scenario Dungeons
- Deep Dungeon Series #3
- Ultimate Duty #5
- Island Sanctuary Updates
- Plus Myths of the Realm, Faux Hollows, Other Trials, and more…
Patch 6.4 and Patch 6.5 Series:
- Trust system for Stormblood™ Main Scenario Dungeons
- “Criterion” Dungeons #2 & #3
- Additional Area for Island Sanctuary
- Plus the Conclusion to Pandæmonium, Further Myths of the Realm, Faux Hollows, Other Trials, and more…
- More Plans for Patches 6.4 and 6.5 are being made as we speak!
For fans, that’s a lot of content to chew on and not even all of it has been revealed at this time. Square Enix has also revealed that the FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Free Trial has re-opened for fans wishing to give it another shot. Square Enix revealed they had to suspend it to help with service issues due to server congestion.
The newly launched Free Trial also includes content all the way up to Heavensward Patch 3.56 as well as the Au Ra race and three new jobs including Dark Knight, Astrologian, and Machinist.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native video game reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook today.