Fallout 76 has a brand new test to put players through as it ups the ante for those looking to show off their survival skills in both PvE and PvP along with new scoreboards and plenty more.
It’s hard to deny that Fallout 76 has been getting a healthy serving of content updates, bug fixes, and even added features. Along with those features comes for the long-awaited Survival Mode which enters beta starting today for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One users.
The new mode raises the stakes on what it means to survive, providing players with fewer PvP restrictions, higher stakes for PvP combat, scoreboards, and even higher rewards for taking on the challenges that lie ahead. You can check out some of the key features for today’s brand new beta down below:
Complete new Weekly Challenges to earn legendary rewards
- New Weekly Challenges have been added which offer legendary rewards on completion.
- A new Weekly Challenge will be added every week during and beyond the Survival Mode Beta, each featuring a different reward.
- The first six Survival Mode Beta Weekly Challenges award legendary weapons. Learn more about them in our recent Survival Beta Overview article on Fallout.com.
High-stakes death mechanics
- On death, players will drop a random amount of the Aid items that were in their inventory in addition to all their Junk.
- Cap rewards for player kills, and Cap deductions on death, have been doubled in Survival Mode.
- When killed during PVP combat, players can choose to spend a portion of their Caps to place a Bounty on their killer.
Limited Fast Travel and Respawn locations
- Fast Travel is limited to Vault 76, the player’s C.A.M.P., Train Stations, and any Workshops that player owns.
- Respawn is limited to Vault 76, the player’s C.A.M.P., and Train Stations.
- Players will become invulnerable for a brief period after Fast Traveling or Respawning, though firing your weapon before the time expires will remove invulnerability.
- Scoreboards have been implemented, which rank players in the current world across a variety of stat categories based on their performance during the current life, as well as their best life for the week.
- The top three players on the Longest Life Scoreboard will display a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal next to their player icons.
Along with the newly released mode, players can expect to see plenty more coming down the pipe as the Fallout 76 2019 Roadmap gets underway. Additionally, you can check out our review for Fallout 76 on PlayStation 4 today where we rated the game at an 8 out of 10.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.