In an announcement today, Square Enix has revealed the official trailer for the third expansion for Final Fantasy XIV and has it scheduled to launch this July. Here’s everything you need to know about the announcement.
As the final moments of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood begins to come to a close, Square Enix is only beginning to ramp things up for the third major expansion, which is set to launch on July 2, 2019, and will be available for pre-order starting February 6, 2019.
During the opening keynote of the Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival in Paris, Producer and Director, Naoki Yoshida, or better known as Yosh-P by adoring fans, revealed more information about the upcoming expansion including both a brand new trailer, but also news about the first playable job called the Gunbreaker, which will be one of the upcoming jobs this July.
Along with the Thancred trailer for the upcoming job, Yosh-P has confirmed that the new class is a dedicated tank in the upcoming expansion. Along with the announcement, Yosh-P has also revealed a new rai series called the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse with special guest Yosuke Saito (Square Enix producer) and YOKO TARO (game designer), who are reuniting that helmed the NieR series.
You can see a full list of the content revealed down below:
- New Job: The gunbreaker – master of the gunblade.
- New Playable Race: The Viera – rabbit-like wardens of the wood.
- Trust System: An all-new system allowing players to tackle Shadowbringers instanced dungeons with familiar NPCs by their side (excluding dungeons requiring more than 4 party members).
- New Areas: Il Mheg–a lush, awe-inspiring vale, and the Rak’tika Greatwood–a sprawling forest of ancient, towering sentinels.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The pixies and their almighty regent, Titania.
- New Alliance Raid: YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse–from the minds of renowned NieR creators Yosuke Saito and YOKO TARO.
Along with these announcements, the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers Collector’s Edition was also revealed to feature the following items and will be available at Feb. 6, 2019, at 11:00 AM PT:
- Shadowbringers Special Art Box: A unique silver-inlaid box featuring an illustration by artist Yoshitaka Amano.
- Dark Knight Figure: An impressive high-quality figure of the Warrior of Darkness as a dark knight.
- Shadowbringers Art Book : An art book featuring behind-the-scenes illustrations and concept art from the development of Shadowbringers.
- Shadowbringers Logo Cling : A reusable vinyl cling featuring the Shadowbringers logo.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV Playing Cards: A deck of playing cards featuring artwork from A Realm Reborn® through Shadowbringers.
- Exclusive In-Game Items: Grani Mount – Wind-up Fran Minion – Revolver Gunbreaker Weapon
Players who have pre-ordered the game can also expect to get an in-game item’s:
- Baby Gremlin Minion
- Aetheryte Earring – This earring grants a 30% increase in EXP when worn, up to level 70, as well as attributes that vary based on the user’s class/job and current level.
- Shadowbringers Pre-order Bonuses: Pre-ordering will also allow users to enjoy early access to Shadowbringers ahead of the official release. Early Access is scheduled to begin on June 28, 20191
Square Enix has confirmed that they will be revealing more information about Shadowbringers during the Tokyo Fan Festival event from March 23 and 24, 2019.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.