As a follow-up sequel to the 2014 entry by the name of Persona Q, fans will once more prepare to take to some of the most challenging dungeons, meet some of the most unforgettable members of the Persona universe, and take on a brand new story in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth this June.
In a surprise announcement, ATLUS has confirmed that Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth will be launching exclusively on the Nintendo 3DS on June 4, 2019, and will serve as a follow-up title to the 2014 title Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth. In this latest title, iconic members from Persona 3, Persona 4, and even Persona 5 will be joining the cast in the latest title.
In the title, the unique blend of cast members will prepare to face down a mysterious world of film in this latest challenging dungeon crawling title. While still coming down from the height of Persona Dancing: Endless Night Collection (not story wise), ATLUS is preparing to set the SEES members, The Investigation Team, and even the Phantom Thieves.
In their adventure, players will encounter other like-minded heroes who will possess the will, the strength, and the courage to take on some of the most unimaginable challenges they may ever face. But now, they have a mysterious girl they will encounter, and a larger question to be asked: How will they escape from this new dungeon of theirs that transcends all of time and space?
Well, we’re not quite sure, but ATLUS has revealed a special Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth “Showtime” Premium Edition for $69.99 which will feature with quite a few goodies for Persona fans to collect alongside their copy of the game:
- 5″ Koromaru Plush – Now you too can have your very own plush of everyone’s favorite Shiba from Persona 3!
- Art Book – Take in all the illustrations featured in the game with the included art book!
- Deck of Playing Cards – Enjoy playing your favorite card games in style with a full deck of playing cards emblazoned with characters featured in Persona Q2: New
- Cinema Labyrinth! Set of 4 Buttons – Show off your love for Persona’s most iconic characters with some flair with this set of four buttons featuring the P3, P3P, P4, and
- P5 protagonists! Collectible Outer Box – You need to place to hold all this merchandise, don’t you? Everything included in the “Showtime” Premium Edition can be housed in this collectible box!
Additionally, ATLUS has confirmed a Launch Edition of the game which will be available for $39.99 and will be available for all pre-orders and first-run copies of the game, which will also ship with a set of 4 buttons for fans to collect.
Want to know more about the game? Here’s what you need to know.
- Joker Takes Center Stage – Experience a thought-provoking story from the perspective of the protagonist from Persona 5 as you along with the other Phantom Thieves meet the S.E.E.S. from Persona 3 and the Investigation Team from Persona 4 in a cinematic world!
- Persona 3 Portable’s Female Heroine Steals the Spotlight – Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth will feature the long-awaited addition of P3P’s female heroine who will play a pivotal role in your adventure through the silver screen!
- Paying Homage to the Classics – Explore a series of labyrinths parodying popular film genres with plenty of references true film fans will love!
- We’ve Got Company – Persona Q2 expands on Persona Q and Persona 5’s combat systems, including a new Unison feature. By completing side quests, certain groups and pairings will team up to unleash their own special attack!
- For the World Cinema Aficionados – Immerse yourself in Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth thanks to its Japanese voice audio track with English subtitles. This will mark the first time many fans will hear the original Japanese voices of the Persona 3 cast!
Stay tuned as we’ll keep you up to date as more information about the upcoming game is released. Meanwhile, check out the official trailer up above.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.