Along with the brand new update content, Obsidian has announced a brand new God Challenge for fans, which features exclusive prizes for those who can complete what the challenges have to offer.
As Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire remains one of the best on the market and has a lot to offer in terms of content, post-launch support, and a plethora of stories to explore. Today, Versus Evil and Obsidian Entertainment have released update 5.00, which includes the full release of the turn-based mode for the game.
Along with it comes various fixes, including refinement of ship-to-ship battles as well as story elements involving Woedica and Eotha. Along with these minor tweaks comes the final God Challenge, which went live with this update, and it turns not on only a single God, but all of them, along with Solo (the game must be played with no companions), Trail of Iron (you have only one save filed and if you die, the save is deleted), and the Path of the Damned (the hardest difficulty) for those looking to test their skills and knowledge of the game.
Along with the newly revised set of Pillars of Eternity pen-and-paper rules have been released for those who own the Deluxe Edition or Obsidian Editions or backed the game on Fig, can receive the newly released ruleset today. But that’s not all.
Obsidian has also announced that they are holding a competition for the Ultimate God Challenge for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire. The challenge sees that players complete each of the God Challenges, and those that do, will receive an embroidered patch from Obsidian along with their name, their class, character, and level engraved on a plague that will be hung in the Obsidian offices.
Those wanting a full rundown of the patch notes, look no further, you can check them out down below.
- New Ship UI – An update to the UI has been implemented that will come up any time players engage with a ship on the seas that brings a more elegant way to ship-to-ship encounters.
- Turn-Based Mode Out of Beta – Thanks to feedback from the community, Obsidian have made a lot of changes to turn-based mode to account for bugs and balance fixes and it is now in full release with the 5.0 patch.
- New Story Content Added – After listening to feedback on the critical path of the game when it came to reactivity with Woedica and Eothas, Obsidian have been able to go in and write new lines and get them recorded by the original actors to add more to that aspect of the game.
- The Ultimate – The final God Challenge will be live with the 5.0 patch. This challenge, “The Ultimate” will turn on all other God Challenges, Trial of Iron, Path of the Damned, and Solo mode.
- Added Extras: Revised Paper Rules – This can be downloaded by visiting eternity.obsidian.net. Those who had the PnP starter guide as a digital reward through the Fig Campaign, or those who have the Deluxe or Obsidian editions of the game will also get the updated rules.
- Ultimate God Contest – Those who complete the challenge and show Obsidian proof through either a YouTube playlist of their playthrough, or links to videos via Dropbox (all submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org), can have the chance to get a patch sent to them from Obsidian. The first 12 to complete the challenge will get a patch, but will also have their name, their character’s name, their class and level, engraved on a plaque in the Obsidian offices*.
As you can see, it’s a busy day for Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire fans, which means, you may want to get to work on that Ultimate God Challenge today.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.