In a recent announcement, XSEED Games has outlined their post-release content plants for STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town ahead of its March 23rd, 2021 release date for Nintendo Switch.
If you are wondering what kind of content to expect in the shape of DLC for STORY OF SEASONS: Pioneers of Olive Town, you might be excited to know that the game itself is going to be coming with some major heavy hitters, making it so that you might just want to invest into that Expansion Pass at launch or snag the Expansion Pass bundle for $69.99 or the Season Pass itself for $19.99 at launch.
XSEED Games has revealed that the newly announced Expansion Pass will include all-new story content, new characters, and exclusive items that can only be obtained by Season Pass holders. The Expansion Pass Bundle will be available exclusively through the Nintendo eShop and will launch side-by-side with the standard game on March 23rd, 2021 on Nintendo Switch.
Along with the DLC announcement, XSEED Games has given a window of when to expect each DLC bundle to launch, giving fans a lot to look forwards to throughout Spring and Summer 2021. So let’s take a look at that really quick:
- Part 1 – April 2021
- ‘Animal Attire’ costumes for the protagonists and marriage candidates
- ‘Olive Town Mystery Files’ sub-scenario – Join Mikey and Cindy to discover the cause of strange incidents occurring across Olive Town in the very first mystery scenario in the STORY OF SEASONS series!
- Part 2 – May 2021
- ‘Windswept Falls Expansion Pack’ – Explore a refreshing, brand-new area home to four characters from a past entry on the Nintendo 3DS™ system (includes two marriage candidates)
- Part 3 – June 2021
- ‘School Uniforms’ costume set for the protagonists and marriage candidates
- ‘Terracotta Oasis Expansion Pack’ – Discover an exotic oasis home to four characters from STORY OF SEASONS for Nintendo 3DS (includes two marriage candidates)
- Part 4 – July 2021
- ‘Yukata Set’ costumes for the protagonists and marriage candidates
- ‘The Legendary Sprite Dance’ sub-scenario – The Earth Sprite Village is livelier than ever, and the sprites are determined to revive their legendary dance and hold a feast…with or without Boss Sprite’s permission!
- Part 5 – August 2021
- ‘Twilight Isle Expansion Pack’ – Sail to an island bathed in twilight and meet the four characters from STORY OF SEASONS: Trio of Towns that have made it their new home (includes two marriage candidates)
Along with the newly announced DLC content, there are some bonus contents becoming available as part of the ‘Expansion Pass’ Purchase Bonus DLC that will be available to owners of the ‘Expansion Pass’ when it launches.
- ‘Pete and Claire’s Overalls’ costumes from STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town
- ‘Yuto and Naomi’s Hoodies’ costumes from STORY OF SEASONS: Friends of Mineral Town
- ‘Henry and Holly’s Western Attire’ costumes from STORY OF SEASONS: Trio of Towns
XSEED Games has also revealed that they will be outlining the DLC plans with specific release dates at a later date. For now, however, it’s worth saying: There’s a lot on the way for you Pioneers to explore!
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native video game reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook today.