Square Enix has revealed an upcoming demo version of the game called FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Lite, as well as a trailer showing off new content for the game.
Fans preparing for the launch of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition have a lot to look forward to ahead of the upcoming action-RPG titles August 29th, 2019 release date, seeing the game launch on Switch, PlayStation 4, iOS and Android devices.
The newly released free to download demo version will release as FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition Lite. The Lite Edition of the game will allow you to play through the first three dungeons in both singleplayer and online multiplayer modes with cross-play functionality. Those who play the demo will be able to host multiplayer sessions with up to four other caravanners and can play through up to thirteen total dungeons together with a single copy of the game.
Those who play the demo can also carry progress over to the final version of the game from the Lite edition of the game. To keep the game interesting, a ‘Mimic’ feature has been announced, allowing players to take on appearances of other characters they’ve met throughout their journies.
Square has also revealed a whole host of brand-new features. You can check those out below:
- Quick Chat – new tactical commands to give easy text-based instructions to teammates during online multiplayer play.
- Magic Timer – a new Timer mechanic, helping players to synchronize and combine their magical attacks to unleash more powerful abilities.
- UI Improvements – Increases to material capacity limits allow for more trouble-free adventures and a mini-map has been added to the game’s UI ensuring players always have a tactical understanding of their environments.
- Additional Difficulty Modes – after finishing the main scenario, high difficulty dungeons will be available for daring adventurers to explore, including the Mine of Cathuriges which will include powerful enemies and new challenges alike. These challenging post-game dungeons are exclusive to the full release of FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition.
- Updated Soundtrack – over 50 musical tracks have been newly-composed especially for FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition by the original game’s composer, Kumi Tanioka, including newly-recorded versions of the beloved theme songs Sound of the Wind and Starry Moonlit Night.
Since its release on GameCube, fans have clamored about the potential for a FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES Remastered Edition and now, we finally have it, coming on August 27th, 2020.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native video game reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook where he interacts with his followers quite a bit!