Preparing for the launch of their follow-up title to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ubisoft has confirmed that Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint will begin its Closed Beta period tomorrow, exclusively for players who are eligible for the tests. Here’s everything you need to know before getting started.
As Ubisoft gears up for the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint Beta set to take place from September 5th to September 8th, 2019, the company has revealed a few things players need to know before they prepare to jump on in and enjoy the pre-launch experience to its fullest.
First, those who are looking to take part in the Closed Beta will need to meet the following requirements: Be a UPLAY+ subscribed via PC, pre-order the game for the platform you wish to test the game on, players who partook in the game’s Online Technical Tests, or be one of the randomly selected players who pre-registered on the Beta sign-up page for the beta.
For those looking to take part in the beta can expect to meet towards of a special in-game charity for the global NGO Child’s Play, which will be featured as a mission titled ‘Man Down’. During this time, players can explore several provinces, missions, and features of the game, which include four-player co-op missions or solo gameplay mechanics.
The missions that will be available to players will include Greenstone missions taken from the main storyline experience; Aurora missions, which include missions to discover more about the island and its inhabitants, including Faction Missions, which will feature eight-new missions to experience over the course of the beta.
Players can also take on Drone Areas where players can test their strength in battle, where they can face-off against Murmurs, which are small flying drones that can swarm the players; Aamons, which are mid-size land dragons, and Behemoths; huge, heavily armored drones with intense and devastating firepower.
You can read more about the game’s beta, post-launch plans, and information as provided to us by Ubisoft:
During the Closed Beta, players can participate in Man Down, a special in game charity event, donating to Child’s Play by teaming up in co-op and helping their teammates by reviving them when they are down. The more players participate, the more Ubisoft will donate, so team-up and protect your squad mates!
In addition to Closed Beta details, the Post-Launch plan for Year 1 is now available. Year 1 Post-Launch starts at launch with Operation Greenstone, followed by Episode 2 and 3, coming every 4 months. Each Episode will receive hours of new content and support including a New Adventure, New End-game Content (Raid and Updates), Faction Missions as well as PvP Updates and regular new content, detailed below:
- New Adventures: New story-driven content that expands the main story of the game will be available with each episode.
- New End-Game Content: Every Episode will bring new End-Game content. Episode 1 brings the Project Titan Raid. Players will explore an active volcano on a new island in the Auroa archipelago where they need to use all the skills learned on Auroa in intense four-play co-op challenges. The Raid is replayable and adaptable for all play styles.
- New Faction Missions: Factions in the game will evolve over time and every month, new narrative Story Faction Missions will be released, bringing context as well as character development. New Faction Missions will be available daily and will provide objectives to support the factions and their narrative arcs.
- New Classes: Three new classes will be introduced in Year 1, starting with the Engineer which brings an expertise in hacking.
- Live Events: These events will feature VIPs that will help Nomad tackle new, terrible threats. A new Event will be available with each Year 1 Episode and lasts one month.
- PvP Updates: In addition to the three new classes coming Year 1, which will be fully playable in PvP, new maps and updates will keep Ghost War players on their toes.
- Regular New Content: New content such as new missions, activities and unlockables will be available with each new episode.
For players looking to dive deeper in Auroa, the novel “The World of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint” releases on October 31. The book is now available to pre-order here and includes for insight into the making of the game, the creation of its universe and into Auroa’s secrets.
You can also check out the brand-new live-action trailer featuring critically-acclaimed actor Jon Bernthal as he reprises his role as Cole D. Walker, the leader of the Wolves. The trailer will show his transformation from a Ghost and fighting alongside Nomad, to his transformation into becoming the leader of the Wolves, today on Ubisoft’s YouTube Channel.
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint is set to release on October 4th, 2019, for PC, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, as well as Google’s upcoming streaming platform for gamers, Stadia. Those who purchase the Gold, Ultimate, or Collector’s Editions will have three-days early access to the game. You can find out more about pre-ordering via the Ubisoft Store today.
If you plan on checking it out on PC, you may want to check out the PC system requirements guide as written by PC Gamer.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.