Disney has confirmed that the Disney Classic Games: Aladdin and The Lion King are headed to Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One alongside pricing and details about the games.
Had you told me that this was happening, I would have laughed in your direction. A part of me has never recovered from the traumatic effects The Lion King left behind my umpteenth time with the game as a kid. I remember the day I rented it and nearly cried as I got obliterated trying to do the canyon run over and over again.
I also remember the times I dyed just having passed that section of the game, making my way towards Scar and his idiotic hyenas. Now, we can once more relive those traumatic days exploring Agrabah as we help Aladdin, Abbu, Princess Jasmine, and the Sultan overthrow the treacherous Jafar once again.
The two-game collection will be loaded to the brim with various versions of the games including the Game Boy/Super Game Boy versions, SNES versions, and even the trade show versions of the game alongside the classic versions as well.
- Disney’s Aladdin – Game Boy version (includes “Super Game Boy version”)
- Disney’s Aladdin Final Cut
- Disney’s Aladdin Trade Show Demo
- The Lion King – SEGA Genesis version
- The Lion King – Super Nintendo version
- The Lion King – Game Boy version (also includes “Super Game Boy” version)
As you can see, there is only a couple of versions missing from the list, which is the Super Nintendo version of Aladin at this time. It hasn’t been made clear if that version will get released at all or if it could be a super iconic release for the Nintendo Switch build of the collection.
The collection will include the following features for both fans of the classic releases and new and upcoming players to enjoy
- Upscaled graphics – original modes available
- Filters for visual enhancement
- Customizable controls
- Interactive Game Viewer/DVR feature
- A rewind feature so you can undo your mistakes on the fly
- An “explorable museum” of “behind-the-scenes development assets including interviews,” art gallery, and music player
The Disney collection will release on October 29th, 2019, for $29.99. Disney has confirmed that pre-orders are now available on both digital and physical formats from Best Buy starting today.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.