Both headsets will feature oversized 50mm neodymium drivers in order to deliver some of the most powerful sounds to date. In order to deliver entirely different approaches for both headsets, AVerMedia has announced that the stereo SonicWave GH335 will feature analog audio and microphone connections alongside its oversized drivers and closed back design in order to help you focus with your tasks at hand. Opposite of this approach is the GH337, which comes bundled with the AVerMedia Sound Engine software, allowing players to get the most out of their virtual 7.1 surround sound audio mixes while gaming.
This approach will give gamers the tools needed in order to immerse themselves and easily locate their opponents when playing some of today’s biggest hits including PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Call of Duty: WWII and Fortnite: Battle Royale. The GH337 will also come with LED lighting on its outer rims, giving it a special bit of flair while you’re gaming.
Both devices will take full advantage of a rotating omnidirectional boom mic, however, the GH337 will also feature a strategically placed secondary microphone, which comes with the latest in noise reduction technology, allowing your friends to hear you loud, clear, and without the hassle of background noise when gaming or even streaming. You can check out their specs down below.SonicWave GH335
- Tuned Acoustics for Gaming: Oversized 50mm neodymium drivers with 20–20K Hz response, 97±3 dB sensitivity (@ 1 kHz), 32 Ω impedance
- Stay Focused on the Game: Closed-back design puts the game front and center
- Sensitive Microphone: Omnidirectional pickup pattern with a Ø 6.0 x 2.8 mm capsule; ≤ 2200 Ω and 38 ±3 dB sensitivity
- Compatible with all Analog Interfaces: 4-pole 3.5 mm audio jack and 3.5 microphone jack with splitter cable work with PC, PS4™ and Xbox One™ consoles and mobile (some Xbox One controllers may require a stereo adapter; sold separately)
- In-Line Controls: Volume and microphone mute switches
- Lightweight and Comfortable: Only 340 g / 11.9 oz with 2.2 m / 7.2 ft cable
- MSRP: $59.99
- 7.1 Virtual Surround Sound Audio with AVerMedia Sound Engine: Pinpoint your opponents and stay immersed in your surroundings
- High-Quality Audio Specs: Oversized 50mm neodymium drivers with 20–20K Hz response, 97±3 dB sensitivity (@ 1 kHz), 32 Ω impedance
- Dual Microphone for Noise Reduction: Ignore ambient noises and hear your teammates clearly; omnidirectional pattern with ≤ 2200 Ω impedance and 38 ±3 dB sensitivity
- Supports PC and Latest Consoles via USB 2.0 / 3.0: Including Xbox One™ X and PS4™ Pro
- Full In-line Controls: Volume, microphone mute and LED on/off
- Comfort and Flexibility: 370 g / 13.05 oz weight with 2.2 m / 7.2 ft cable to give you room to move
- MSRP: $79.99
Both headsets are available now at online retailers such as Amazon, Newegg, and GameStop as well as at in-store retailers such as Best Buy and GameStop. Stay tuned as we have reached out to AVerMedia about reviewing these latest gaming accessories.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console game reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPGs, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.