For the first time ever, players can now create decks using up to three attributes instead of two. Each of the five three-attribute factions can not only just create new deckbuilding possibilities, but they can even enjoy a new distinctive playstyle that fits their own preferences. Along with these new deck styles comes Ash Creatures, intimidating monstrosities that hail from the Red Mountain itself and will show the world their true strengths as players control them in battle, demonstrating their strength of 5 or more power.
Toss in the might Gods such as Vivec or Dagoth Ur, and the world itself will become an intimidating one. Along with them comes the new keyboards “Rally”, “Betray” and “Plot”. Rally allows for players to buff their cards in their hand whenever a Rallying creature attacks, paving the way for more powerful allies to join their ranks. Betray, just as it sounds, allows players to play them twice while playing a copy of a Betray action while sacrificing a creature of their own. Then there’s plot, a keyword that allows players to play another card during their turn, allowing them to use a few inexpensive cards in order for them to foil their enemies plans as they wish.
Lastly, Exalt. Exalt is a Creature mechanic that allows them to function like a normal card. With these cards, investing in a little extra magicka when playing them never hurts in order to keep powering these creatures up. You can take a peek at the official descriptions for the new features down below as provided to us by Bethesda.
Three-Attribute Decks + New Keywords
- Three-attribute cards – For the first time, create decks using up to three attributes instead of two. Each of the five three-attribute factions not only creates new deckbuilding possibilities, but also come with their own distinctive playstyle.
- ‘Ash Creatures’ – Intimidating monstrosities hailing from deep within the Red Mountain, some of which lend their true strengths to players that control creatures with 5 or more power.
- ‘Gods’ – Call mighty beings to your aid, such as Vivec or the vengeful Dagoth Ur.
- New Keyword: ‘Rally’ – Buff creature cards in your hand whenever a Rallying creature attacks, paving the way for stronger and stronger allies to join your ranks.
- New Keyword: ‘Betray’ – Actions with Betray can be played twice. To play a copy of a Betray action, you’ll have to sacrifice one of your own creatures!
- New Keyword: ‘Plot’ – Cards with the Plot keyword have a special ability that triggers if you already played another card that turn. Splash in a few inexpensive cards (or ones that put new cards into your hand) and your Plot will come to fruition in no time!
- New Mechanic: ‘Exalt’ – Creatures with Exalt function like any normal card. Invest a little extra magicka when playing them, however, and they can come out stronger than before! On top of that, “Exalted” creatures also help trigger powerful abilities of other cards.
Houses of Morrowind includes content for every type of player, including those who love solo challenges. Puzzles are preset scenarios where the player must beat the puzzle within the given parameters such as winning the game within a single turn.
There are three sets of 10 puzzles each: Caius’ Training, Naryu’s Challenges, and Divayth Fyr’s Trials. Caius’ Training is free to all players while Naryu’s Challenges and Divayth Fyr’s Trials are available for purchase in the store for $9.99 or 1500 gold each. Completing the 10 puzzles in a set rewards players with 5 Houses of Morrowind packs, 100 Soul Gems, and a special card back unique to that puzzle set!
Additionally, Bethesda has announced that they have released a Houses of Morrowind Starter Pack for $4.99 USD and will feature 10 Morrowind packs, a unique title, and one bonus Legendary card from the Houses of Morrowind.
The Elder Scrolls: Legends – Houses of Morrowind is now available on Android, iOS, PC and Mac starting now.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console game reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPGs, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.