If you haven’t become a highly lethal Operative in Espire 1: VR Operative, the Invictus update has just what you need to jump in, ready your hands, and take on the stealth VR title today. Let’s lock and load and get our VR on.
If you haven’t had a chance to jump into Digital Lode’s title, Espire 1: VR Operative yet, well, we are both missing out. Tripwire Interactive and Digital Lode have just revealed that their new Invictus update for Espire 1: VR Operative is now live, which includes all-new content for fans to enjoy on Oculus Quest and Quest 2 VR Platforms.
The new content includes an all-new map, Coober Pedy, with all new Combat, Objective, and Stealth Virtual Challenges for operatives to master. The new update also includes the highly-requested Challenge Leaderboard support for Quest platforms for each new Virtual Challenge that has been released in this update.
The update continues to strive forth in delivering a new gold standard for stealth virtual reality titles, making it stand out among its peers, but also, become a stronger contender in the VR market. You can check out the official patch notes down below:
- Oculus Challenges Support: The Invictus update includes support for the “Oculus Challenges” feature. Compete for 1st place in regular Oculus challenges that are set by the Digital Lode developers! New Challenges will appear in Espire 1’s main menu each week and are integrated with the Oculus mobile app where you can invite friends and compete for the top spot during the limited time each challenge is open for competition.
- Coober Pedy Map: Set in the remote underground mining town in South Australia of the same name, Espire Agents are charged with infiltrating Ophis’ headquarters in this new scenario, featuring a hotel, church, and series of caves interconnected by the twisted series of tunnels below.
- Horcotes Elimination Challenge: Go in quiet or with guns blazing in this new Elimination Virtual Challenge. Explosives and turrets are scattered throughout the map.
- Cicurina Hostage Rescue Challenge: Locate and free the heavily guarded hostages and don’t forget the tools and tactics at your disposal. Throw objects to distract guards with sound, sneak up behind a guard for a “hold up,” or activate bullet time to steal a guard’s weapon right out of their hands.
- Crassipes Stealth Challenge: Use the cover of darkness to make your way through the level without being spotted and take care to avoid activating the mines.
Along with the new content, the game has also received a number of technical as well as quality of life improvements requested by the community in order to ensure that the game meets the standards that Espire Agents have set for the game. If you want to check out the full patch notes, you can go here to Tripwire forums read about the update.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native video game reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook today.