Get ready to dust off your Sonic Screwdriver, straighten up your collar, and throw on your best VR outfit just in time to become The Doctor in Doctor Who: The Edge of Time on November 12th, 2019.
Whovians, rejoice. PlayStack and Developer Maze Theory have nailed down a solidified date for their full-length VR title, Doctor Who: The Edge of Time for PlayStation VR, Oculus Rift, Oculus Quest, HTC Vive and HTC Vive Cosmos, starting on November 12th, 2019.
The game will adhere to the franchises cannon, referencing to the 55-year history of the series, combining action, adventure, and sci-fi together alongside The Doctor’s beloved Sonic Screwdriver in order to solve mind-bending puzzles, escape treacherous environments, and even come face-to-face with one of the deadliest enemies The Doctor has ever faced: The Weeping Angels.
In Doctor Who: The Edge of Time, you will meet brand-new creatures, pilot a Dalek shell to harness its fearsome weapons, and even partake in a thrilling, but immersive, single-player adventure. Additionally, you can head on over to the game today ahead of its launch.
You wouldn’t want to be late meeting up with Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor, Nicholas Briggs as the Daleks, or missing the story by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who as well as an author for the series. You can check out the key features down below as provided to us by the team:
- Become part of Doctor Who – a thrilling single-player adventure developed by Sony London alumni (VR Worlds, The London Heist, Blood and Truth), Doctor Who: The Edge Of Time will immerse players in Doctor Who like never before as they travel across space and time to save reality.
- Wield the Sonic Screwdriver – with exhilarating moment-to-moment gameplay, wield the Sonic Screwdriver to solve fiendish puzzles and traverse a dangerous universe full of challenges, enemies and wonder.
- Stunning cinematic visuals – from the Dalekanium of a Dalek’s shell, to the stone-cold terror of a Weeping Angel, experience stunning visuals that bring the show to life!
- Doctor Who talent – featuring Jodie Whittaker as the voice of the Doctor and Nicholas Briggs as the voice of the Daleks, in a story written by Gavin Collinson, Digital Producer for Doctor Who and author
- Oculus Quest support – experience the next level of immersion with Oculus Quest, as you explore the Doctor Who universe without boundaries in untethered virtual reality
Stay tuned as we’ll keep you up to date as more information about Maze Theory’s upcoming title is made available. Meanwhile, go visit them on Maze Theory on their official website today.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.