Mecha piloting title ‘Project Nimbus: Complete Edition’ is now available on Steam, featuring all previously released DLC and plenty more to enjoy. Here’s the low down on the Steam release.
Originally released as a successful Kickstarter title on Steam, Project Nimbus from Japanese publisher GameTomo can finally release that sigh of relief as they will no longer need to purchase a Nintendo Switch in order to enjoy the remastered edition of the game.
GameTomo has revealed that the official release is now available on Steam for those looking to give it a whirl and for those who already own Project Nimbus will be upgraded to Project Nimbus: Complete Edition at no additional charge and will own both versions of the game. Those looking to buy the game can do so and receive both versions of the game as well.
However, unlike the Nintendo Switch version, a few additional changes have been made exclusively for PC gamers, which include keyboard and mouse support accompanied by gamepad support, detailed visual settings, and support for Ultrawide 4k monitors with uncapped framerate, and brand-new Steam achievements.
“Nimbus fans on PC have wanted to play this new remastered version for a long time, and we’re very happy to bring it to them. We’ve worked closely with original developers GameCrafterTeam to make sure previous buyers get the old and new game on Steam just as they wanted it!” said Reece Scott, CEO of GameTomo.
Project Nimbus Complete Edition Key Features for PC:
- High-speed battle action, piloting heavily armored Battle Frames through the war-torn skies.
- Twenty-six missions in a variety of locations, including floating cities, ocean fortresses, mountain bases, futuristic prisons, and battles in space.
- New PC features, including full mouse and keyboard support (in addition to gamepad), Steam Achievement support, and detailed visual settings.
- Support for 21:9 Ultra-wide, 4K resolution monitors, and 60, 90, 144, and uncapped framerate support.
- Over a dozen playable Battle Frames with weapons including smart missiles, energy blades, particle cannons, floating energy shields, railguns and autonomous psychodrones.
- A sprawling storyline with battles between three different factions over a war-torn futuristic planet: the US-led CFN, the Russia-led UCN, and the shadowy terrorist Children of Fallen Nations.
- Complex bosses each with a unique fighting style, including orbiting nuclear battle mechs, bands of deadly pilots, and weaponized flying ships.
- Missiles, rail guns and cannons for long range combat…energy blades and blade rushes for melee!
- Bonus Survival Mode lets you choose from an entire hangar of Battle Frames, and then you must battle endless waves of enemies with increasing power.
- WARFRONT mode includes massive replayability with six unlimited mission modes including Base Defense, Interception, and Assassination. Six levels of pilot (including Legendary) and Battle Frame customization will keep you playing for hours more.
Meanwhile, you can check out our review of Project Nimbus: Complete Edition for Nintendo Switch today.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.