With Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite’s release quickly approaching us, players have been bracing to see just how Capcom will merge the worlds of both Marvel and Capcom once more. Fans have been rallying in anticipation to know what modes they can expect, the changes made, and just how they’ll be fighting against Ultron Sigma as they seek to infect all biological life with their new weapon on September 19th.
Today, the company has also announced more playable characters coming to their game just ahead of the games presence at Gamescom event this weekend. The latest characters to be announced involve Jedah, Dormammu, Firebrand, and Ghost Rider. They’ve also announced that we’ll be getting to see the final roster, which brings their final set of characters up to 30 with a post launch roster to be revealed at a later date.
To jump straight into the action, Capcom has outlined the following modes for those looking to get into the game itself.
- Offline Modes and Features:
- Story – puts players at the center of a fierce battle as heroes from both universes come together to stop Ultron Sigma, the combined form of two robotic villains.
- Arcade – recreates the classic arcade experience. Keep winning to move forward and confront the final boss in an epic showdown of skills.
- Mission – players can do various tutorial missions, or try their hand at advanced character-specific challenges.
- Training – set up a training area with various parameters and hone skills to improve fighting abilities.
- Vs. Player 2 – go head-to-head against another player locally.
- Vs. CPU – play solo against an AI-controlled opponent.
- Collection – the Dr. Light Database contains numerous unlockable items, including cut scenes from the story mode, character/stage information, concept artwork and character/stage audio tracks.
- Online Modes and Features:
- Ranked Match – battle other players online to advance in the rankings.
- Casual Match – battle other players online without the results affecting the rankings.
- Beginners League – a special league fought between players of Rank 14 or lower.
- Lobby – search for or create a lobby where up to 8 players can engage in simultaneous player-vs-player matches.
- Rankings – view the rankings of players from all over the world.
- Replay Settings – configure replay settings and view replays.
Fans that are jumping into the action will be quite familiar with the games vision for the future. Familiar settings, fights, and even story arch’s will unfold before players as they attempt to take on Ultron Sigma and foil his plans for the future. The game will also allow fans to join in free-form 2v2 team battles while harnessing one of the six Infinity Stones, which Thanos attempted to use more than once.
Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite is set to release on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Windows PC worldwide on September 19th, 2017. Stay tuned for our upcoming review. Meanwhile you can check out the new trailer above.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter, Google+, and or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.