Updates are always something we look forward to when it comes to our games. The Elder Scrolls Online has received the one update we’ve been waiting about since QuakeCon 2016. This update drastically changes the game and allows players to once more experience the world of Tamriel in a new way as the free update is now available for all players.
The new update changes the game title to One Tamriel, which allows players to have an unforeseen freedom in this title. With the game having a rather large world to explore, fans can now find themselves once more playing together, and conversing in this new large scale world that level-scales to the player. This means that players can now go anywhere, with anyone, at any time from the moment they leave the games tutorial no matter what Alliance players serve under.
However, in retrospect, this does change when it comes to PvP, which will put players in a restricted sense once more. However, doing quests, dungeons, trials, and more does not restrict players based on faction.
Check out some of the patch notes for more information:
- Dueling: Players can now battle each other anywhere outside Cyrodiil to test their skills and builds and claim bragging rights as the toughest adventurer
- Zone Overhaul: All zones have been redesigned for a mix of solo and group play with improved bosses and standardized difficulty
- Dungeons: All dungeons can be played in normal and veteran mode, where story is separated from difficulty and players are battle-leveled to allow players of different levels to play together, and receive level-appropriate loot
- Craglorn: The massive Craglorn zone has been redesigned to make it solo-friendly but still the go-to location for group content
- Loot: Loot in zones has now been standardized like dungeon loot, making it possible to acquire specific sets in specific zones at whatever level you are when completing quests
New players can get the recently released The Elder Scrolls Online: Gold Edition, which includes the main game as well as all four major DLC Game Packs — Imperial City, Orsinium, Thieves Guild, and Dark Brotherhood – for only $59.99 by visitinghttp://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/joinus.
ONE TAMRIEL | TRIP OF A LIFETIME GIVEAWAY
Just a reminder, the Trip of a Lifetime giveaway is currently running, celebrating the freedom of exploration in One Tamriel by awarding five once-in-a-lifetime grand prize trips to exotic locations across the world inspired by iconic in-game locations. And since One Tamriel is also all about playing together, each prize package is a trip for two, including meals, accommodations, and incredible excursions led by local guides and experts.
Grand Prize Destinations – Winners Choose One of the Five:
- Elsweyr Package | Kenya & Tanzania: Seek out real-life Khajiit on an African safari as you visit national parks, game reserves, and conservation areas in Kenya and Tanzania.
- Skyrim Package | Switzerland: Hunt for dragons amid the snowcapped peaks of the Swiss Alps, exploring the lands of the famed Eiger and Matterhorn.
- Black Marsh Package | Peru: Prepare for an Argonian adventure as you explore the natural beauty of the Amazon and ancient ruins of Peru, including the former Inca capital of Cusco and an unforgettable visit to Machu Picchu.
- Hammerfell Package | Morocco: Get lost in the deserts of Hammerfell as you discover the mysteries of Morocco, its stunning architecture and ancient mountain villages.
- Summerset Isles Package | New Zealand: Prepare for the multisport fun in the adventure capital of the world, paddling a sea kayak on the stunning north coast and hike from glacier to rain forest or raft on a subterranean river.
In addition, 1,000 lucky Runners-Up will receive 1,000 Crowns each for use in the in-game Crown Store.
Entering is easy – simply jump online and play The Elder Scrolls Online any time between Oct 5 and Dec 16, 2016 and then head online to register to win at www.elderscrollsonline.com/tripofalifetime. Entering is available without purchase by visiting the web site and mailing in a postcard as directed.
Are you ready to explore the world of Tamriel and possibly have a chance to go across iconic locales that inspired the games?
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter, Google+, and or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.