While everyone is making mistakes, you are making giants, which is something that both Publisher Viva Media and indie developer Whalebox Studios have become known for. Today they have announced that their upcoming title Goliath will be shown at Gamescom 2015 in Cologne, Germany. With the game debuting on Steam (PC), Mac, and Linux in early 2016, Goliath’s concept of survival in a world of giants, while dropping players into a world at war, players will get to fight in this world where monsters exist. With building your own giants, you will survive, search, and explore a world full of materials that are needed in order to create the tools and weapons that will be used by your characters, but also these giants that you will use to fight the monsters.
Where can you go to visit the newest published games by the company who published Son of Nor? Indie Arena, Hall 10.1, Booth A050/B051 where you can visit the team and of course try out the demo.
So lets take a peak at the official features:
- Build A ‘Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after you’ve learned how to craft them, of course.
- Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools you need to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As you explore the world, you’ll learn more complex recipes for more advanced tools and weaponry.
- Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk. Each faction can offer you different weapon and robot schematics, and you must choose which factions to align yourself with. Try to broker peace or rally your faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally Generate World: Explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
- A Living World: Explore prairies, forests, swamps, tundras and more, all with a complete dynamic day/night cycle and weather. Weather and terrain affect your robots, so make sure you have the right machine for the job!
- Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Play through Goliath’s campaign together with a friend, or go head-to-head in arena PvP combat!
If you visit the booth, let us know, we’d enjoy seeing your interactions with the game as well as the developers!
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter, Google+, and or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.