Want a spoiler before reading on? Harebrained Schemes has given us one before we can continue on; You are going to die. Welcome to Necropolis, a game that is set around combat and survival, one where you are going to work on escaping a magical deathtrap that loves to shift and rebuild itself as you hunt down the exit or die trying to do so.
During your adventure through this diabolical construct, players will find themselves working on escaping, but let alone has this trap been created by magic, it also contains items created upon magic and treasures beyond belief, which is the largest collection known to the civilization within the world in which players will explore. Taking on the role of Abraxis whom has decided to react to his Necropolis to work on his magic, which lets him leave away from the rest of the civilization. While the Necropolis is one of many, this one invites adventurers in; it needs and wants them to come within it. Why would it want this? To increase its magical powers that it uses. Let alone is this thing a trip, it is a machine that is self-sustaining at it feeds on souls. Let alone does it eat their souls, it turns the corpses into reusable Automatons that seek to defend it, but also take out those adventurers that seek to find the rewards that lie deep within.
Ever wondered just how magical this thing is? Unlike most places, the Necropolis make look small on the outside, but on the inside it is a much, much bigger monster than one would imagine. Want a little secret? Let alone are you to explore this Necropolis, you are also to take out the thousands of enemies that Abraxis has made during his adventures.
- AN ADDICTIVE THIRD-PERSON COMBAT SYSTEM. At its core, Necropolis is an action game. Unlike other popular Roguelikes, Necropolis features a combat system based on timing and animation. It’s fast and deadly – learn to anticipate enemy attack patterns, time your actions for maximum effect, and use smart combinations of heavy and light attacks to defeat your enemies. You can’t just button-mash and win.
- AN EVER-CHANGING DUNGEON. Every playthrough offers new threats, room layouts, magic items and more. The system is designed to shift and change, even as the adventurer moves through it, and there are areas that allow the player to change modify or “reroll” their current layout.
- SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST. Collect components to create magic potions, and locate mystical books to upgrade your adventurer with runes and spells. The Necropolis is a living labyrinth filled with mystery and wonder; can you unlock all its secrets?
- A LIVING ECOLOGY OF THREATS. Monsters interrelate in the Necropolis. Learn to exploit a Monster’s favorite food, or least favorite predator.
- STYLISH VISUAL DESIGN. The world of Necropolis is one not quite like any other. Necropolis features a dark, low-poly aesthetic full of strange shapes, funky colors and unexpected constructions.
Currently Necropolis is currently in development for Steam (PC, Mac, Linux) with Consoles still to be determined. Prices are still yet to be determined at this time.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him on Twitter @GamingAnomaly,Google+ or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.