Ever wondered what it would be like to play Tetris in 3D? Now that wait of wandering is over starting on November 11th, 2014. Earlier today Ubisoft has announced that the Nintendo 3DS version will be able to be experienced in new and exciting ways thanks to new game modes that will test any players shape piling capabilities.
The only doozy out there? Players can obtain the game physically for 29.99 USD at a retailer or 19.99 USD through the Nintendo eShop. For those interested in knowing if there is multiplayer, there is. The multiplayer will be released at the launch of game will feature seven different modes. These modes include Battle Ultimate, Marathon, Endless, Ultra, Sprint, Battle, Challenge, Master, Escalation, and Invisible. So what does this mean? Players will have a ton to look forwards to and enjoy as the game gets ready to pump up the action and make nerves race.
Below we have provided the official list from Ubisoft’s press announcement for you to read over and to help you prepare for Tetris Ultimate.
- Battle Ultimate – Be the last person playing after using crazy power-ups! Go on the offensive with Carousel and make your opponent’s Matrix shift to the left after each move, or trigger Let it Rain and dump blocks on top of them. Buzz Saw helps you advance by clearing away a number of your lines, especially useful when you’re in a spot of trouble.
- Marathon – Complete level 15 and rack up as many points as you can.
- Endless – Keep clearing lines until your stamina runs out
- Ultra – Race to score as many points possible before time runs out in this three-minute challenge.
- Sprint – Clear 40 lines as quickly as you can.
- Battle – Go head-to-head to knock out 1-4 challengers.
- Challenge – With four mode variants, be prepared for a variety of challenges that will put any player’s determination to the test:
- Master – The Tetriminos drop instantly and appear at the bottom.
- Rotation Lock – The orientations of the Tetriminos are random and you cannot rotate them.
- Escalation – As the game levels up, you’ll have to clear more lines.
- Invisible – The Tetriminos become invisible as they drop to the bottom.
Tetris Ultimate will also be available for digital download this winter for Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita handheld entertainment system and Windows PC.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, MMO’s, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable and can’t be softened by even the biggest names in the gaming industry. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. To follow Dustin, hit him up on Twitter over at@GamingAnomaly, find him on his Google+. Wanna game with him? You can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.