BIGBEN and EKO Software have revealed the endgame content for their upcoming title, Warhammer Chaosbane, which will launch with free and paid post-launch content support. Here’s the lowdown.
Announced as an upcoming isometric ARPG, Warhammer Chaosbane will see players jump into the fantasy world carefully crafted by Games Workshop through their table-top series, but also, BIGBEN and EKO Software, who are preparing for the launch of their highly-anticipated title.
In order to help bolster the game’s launch and post-launch content support, BIGBEN and EKO Software have revealed what the game’s roadmap looks like soon as it launches. Believe it or not, the endgame content is absolutely massive, which features the ability for players to restart the game with a brand new character, allowing them to enjoy a New Game+ system that will let them keep everything they unlocked.
These items include crafting materials, fragments, money, etc, while also allowing them to explore several new modes that will be available to them once they complete the game. Expedition mode should seem rather familiar, as it is a New Game+ mode where players will restart the game, alone or with friends, in randomly-generated levels, fighting their way through various enemy hordes while pillaging the treasures that await them.
Additionally, there’s Relic hunt, which will see players purchasing a map from the Collector’s Guild which will allow them to get access to a dungeon that has several difficulty levels with it and will allow for the collecting of heroic gear. Then, there’s Boss Rush mode, which lets you face down against each of the campaign’s bosses, killing them quickly as possible while testing out builds and your gear.
However, if you eat through all of that content, the team’s have confirmed post-launch support. You can check out the full details down below:
Post Launch Plans:
- Regular updates available for everyone: The first will add a difficulty level and new gear. Then a permanent death mode will be added.
- A new heroic set for each of the heroes and extra difficulty levels.
- An increase to maximum character level.
- Paid updates (included with the Season Pass):
- The first DLC will offer new emotes and a passive skill letting you increase the chances of finding heroic items.
- The following DLC will then add a passive skill letting you more easily find God fragments, as well as an alternative God skill tree for each character.
- The third DLC will contain new companions for all playable characters.
- The fourth DLC will contain an entirely new story, told through a new act, separate from the main campaign, taking place in never-before-seen environments. This time, instead of the forces of Chaos, you’ll face off against ancient undead evil in the form of the Tomb Kings.
As you can see, when the game launches on June 4th, 2019, for Standard Edition owners and May 31st for Magnus and Digital Deluxe owners. Are you prepared to try the first isometric ARPG in the Warhammer Fantasy universe? Let us know in the comments below.
About the Writer(s):
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the borders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter or Facebook.