QuakeCon 2016 is almost upon us. The show will undoubtedly herald in a higher anticipation than ever for some of their upcoming titles that have already received a heavy round of applause. On August 4th, at 10am CT, the doors for QuakeCon will open, welcoming in thousands of the publishers fans from all walks of fandom. Remaining open till 12pm CT on August 5th, fans will prepare to see a rather large kick-off at 3PM CT where they will open up the show with the highly anticipated title Quake Champions only to give attendee’s some exclusive gameplay presentations of their recently announced Prey and the follow up title Dishonored 2.
If you can’t make it in time for the Thursday presentation? Arkane Studios’ Harvy Smith and Raphael Colantonio will return to the Ventrillo stage on Saturday, August 5th, where they will lead up with encore presentations of both Prey and Dishonored 2 for another exclusive look at the game.
Along with these presentations, Bethesda has announced that attendee’s will have a chance to experience DOOM‘s multiplayer, Fallout Shelter for PC, and the in-beta title The Elder Scrolls: Legends. In addition to this, players can also head down to the Exhibit Hall where they can get their hands on Bethesda VR. While down there, attendee’s can also meet up with featured exhibitor events, exhibitors, and sponsors for the event.
If you’re looking for something to do Friday and Saturday – look no further. Bethesda is offering the opportunity for attendee’s to see their developers as well as industry personalities discuss the importance of creating entertainment, giving fans a behind-the-scenes looks at went on behind the scenes with the development of DOOM and much, much more. Take a peak at the full list below. If you are attending? Head over and download the official QuakeCon App on your Apple, Android, or Windows mobile device to ensure you don’t miss a thing! The app will contain a full listing of daily events and will be continually updated throughout the show. It’ll be updated over the course of the event.
If you can’t attend? Don’t be worried, you aren’t being left out, you can head onto Twitch.tv/Bethesda for live streaming of select panels and presentations, as well as Twitch.tv/QuakeCon to watch all of the official QuakeCon tournament action in real time. So stay tuned for our coverage as we will be covering the event live at QuakeCon with constant article updates, and possibly some live interviews!
Before we wrap up, we want to give a special thanks to all the support that both id Software, Bethesda Softworks, the exhibitors, the 2016 event sponsors, and all of the Volunteer Staff give for the event to happen. If you are interested in attending, head on over to http://registration.quakecon.org, and pre-register now. For more information on QuakeCon 2016, you can check out: www.quakecon.org.
(Please note: All times listed are Central Time.)
FEATURED EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
|Thursday, Aug 4th
|Annual QuakeCon Welcome
3:00pm | Streaming Live from the Ventrilo Main Stage
Friday, Aug 5th
Panel: Uncapped: DOOM and the Power of idTech 6
Moderated by Marty Stratton, Game Director
2:30pm – 3:30pm | Sapphire Room
· Sit down with members of id Software’s technology team (Robert Duffy, Chief Technology Officer; Billy Khan, Lead Programmer; Tiago Sousa, Lead Rendering Programmer; Shale Williams, Technical Specialist) to get an inside look on how they drive technology decisions and push the limits on graphics, framerates, and performance.
Panel: Creating Worlds: A Discussion About Bringing Life to Games, Movies, and Books
Moderated by Andrea Rene and Geoff Keighley
3:30pm – 4:30pm | Streaming Live from Topaz Room
· Join Hugo Martin (id), Harvey Smith (Arkane), Ricardo Bare (Arkane), Andrew Reiner (Game Informer), Scott Porter (Actor), and Rick Malambri (Actor/Streamer) as they discuss the creative process and differences behind entertainment.
Fast as Hell: Live Speedrun
Moderated by Bethesda’s Global Community Lead, Matt Grandstaff and id’s Peter Sokal (Gameplay Systems Designer) and Kurt Loudy (AI Gameplay Designer)
4:30pm | Streaming Live from Sapphire Room
· Watch as record-holder DraQu puts his world class speed-running abilities on display while playing DOOM running on Vulkan.
Master Pancake Theater
9:00pm – 12:00am | Ventrilo Main Stage
Saturday, August 6th
PC Perspective Hardware Workshop
10:00am – 12:00pm | Streaming Live from the Ventrilo Main Stage
· Get ready for two hours of prizes, games, and raffles during the annual PC Perspective Hardware Workshop
Panel: Creating Hell: The Art and Design of DOOM
Moderated by Adam Sessler
12:00pm – 1:00pm | Sapphire Room
· Join key members of id Software’s development team (Marty Stratton, Game Director; Hugo Martin, Creative Director; Shinichiro Hara, Animation Director; Jerry Keehan, Level Design Director; Chris Hite, Audio Director) to get a unique look at creating and designingDOOM’s epic single-player.
QuakeCon Attendee Exclusive Presentation of Prey and Dishonored 2
2:00pm | Ventrilo Main Stage
Panel: Bringers of DOOM
Moderated by David Houghton (GamesRadar+)
3:00pm – 4:00pm | Streaming Live from Topaz Room
· Join DOOM’s senior leadership team (Marty Stratton, Game Director; Hugo Martin, Creative Director; Robert Duffy, Chief Technology Officer) as they share stories about their journey to bring DOOM to a modern audience. Learn about their reactions to the post-launch acclaim as well as get an exclusive look at never-before-seen production assets and art.
Official QuakeCon Tournament Finals Party!
6:00pm | Streaming Live from the Ventrilo Main Stage
Participants in this year’s QuakeCon trials will need to complete five unique goals tied to DOOM, Dishonored, The Elder Scrolls Legends, Fallout Shelter, and Quake Champions for a chance to win raffle tickets for Ventrilo ‘Ultimate Power Up’ sweepstakes. All participants will also have an opportunity to win $5,000 during the QuakeCon Finals Party. The QuakeCon Trials will be held Thursday, August 4th – Saturday, August 6th from10:00am – 5:30pm in the Exhibit Hall. Visit booth #212 to register.
FEATURED TABLE TOP VILLAGE ACTIVITIES
Table Top Village will be open for the duration of QuakeCon (Thursday, August 4th at 10am – Sunday, August 7th at 12pm) and the full schedule of events will be available on the Official QuakeCon App.
FEATURED EXHIBIT HALL EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
This year’s Exhibit Hall hours, exhibitors and sponsors are listed below. In addition to the schedule of events above, the Exhibit Hall’s Alienware Event Stage will feature numerous presentations and activities from our 2016 exhibitors and sponsors. The full Alienware Event Stage schedule will be available on the Official QuakeCon App.
Exhibit Hall Hours:
Thursday, August 4th: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Friday, August 5th: 10:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday, August 6th: 10:00am – 6:00pm
QuakeCon 2016 Sponsors
- Alienware (Premier Sponsor)
- AMD (Premier Sponsor)
- BenQ America Corp. (Premier Sponsor)
- DXRacer (Premier Sponsor)
- HTC VIVE
- Intel (Official Tournament Sponsor)
- Magic Box
- NVIDIA (Premier Sponsor)
- Ventrilo (Premier Sponsor)
QuakeCon 2016 Exhibitors:
· Altex Computers and Electronics
|· Attic Space Games|
|· BAWLS Guarana|
|· BenQ America Corp.
· Bethesda Softworks
· Catalyst Mints
|· Cheshire Cat Studios|
|· Corsair Components Inc|
|· CPU Magazine|
|· Dallas Pets Alive|
|· Devolver Digital|
· Extra Life
|· FSP Group USA|
|· Glitch Gaming Apparel|
|· Inspired by Nerd|
|· Modders, Inc.|
|· New Blood Interactive|
|· SolarFlare Games|
|· Steam Knight|
|· ThermalTake USA
· Think Geek
Attending? Let us know, we’d love to meet up, and talk!
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter, Google+, and or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.