If you’re playing Fallout Shelter, you know the game has been getting lots of support. This includes cloud saving and even the ability to get things such as Mr. Handy in your vault. If you’re ready to invigorate your shelter, today is the day as Bethesda Zenimax has announced that the game has received some rather astonishing new additions to the game so lets take a look at what was added.
- Turn worthless junk into useful items! Introducing… crafting!
- New Rooms! Build the new Weapon and Armor crafting rooms and use them to create your own items in game!
- Lunchboxes now contain a bonus 5th card: Junk! Trust us – it’s more useful than it sounds. Lucky wasteland explorers may also find junk on their adventures.
- Take the Overseer role to the next level. Build the new Barbershop and customize the look of any Dweller.
- Keep up with the latest fashions! Find new Outfits and Weapons straight from Fallout 4 in lunchboxes, or craft them yourself!
- Because four-legged companions bring overwhelming happiness, we’ve added new Dogs and Cats, and are introducing… Parrots! Plus, new Pet bonuses!
- Time of day is now properly reflected. Because authentic Vault simulation is our #1 goal!
The title has taken the mobile community by storm with the release initially on iOS in June of 2015 while holding the future months as the third-highest-grossing game on the App Store within the first week. Since launching on both Android and iOS, Fallout Shelter has received amazing honors such as ‘App Store Best of 2015’, ‘Google Play Best of 2015’, and ‘Best Handheld/Mobile Game’ at the 2015 Golden Joystick Awards. Most recently, Fallout Shelter was named ‘Mobile Game of the Year’ at the 2016 D.I.C.E. Awards.
Since launch Vault-Tec has continued to deliver updates to Fallout Shelter. New features including pets, Survival Mode, holidays, free Fallout 4characters and cloud support have been added, with many more on the way starting with Update 1.4.
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter, Google+, and or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.