Ever wanted to play a game that leads two small teams that come in with a Goliath sized game for you to play? Welcome to the latest indie title by developer Whalebox Studio! Today they have announced that Goliath will be launching on Steam (PC), Mac and Linux in the winter of 2016. The game will explore the challenges of surviving in a world where giants exist and the war is underway. In this title, players will be able to fight fire with fire as they build their own giants. While surviving as well as searching through the world, players will need to discover the materials, crafting tools, and weapons to survive; this includes your Goliath.
Goliath will be shown to the masses for the first time at this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) in Los Angeles June 16th – June 18th at booth #8005 in the Concourse Hall.
Official Information and Features:
- Build A ‘Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after players have learned how to craft them, of course.
- Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools needed to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As players explore the world, they’ll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
- Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk. Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, and players must carefully choose with which factions to align themselves. Players can attempt to broker peace or rally their faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally Generate World: Players will explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
- A Living World: Explore rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, frozen tundras and more, all with a complete day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Weather and terrain will affect how each of the robots performs, so players will need to make sure they have the right machine for the job!
- Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Players can play through Goliath’s campaign with a friend in cooperative gameplay or go head-to-head in arena combat!
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, Anime, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. You can find him over on Twitter @GamingAnomaly, Google+, and or you can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.