Drivers, it’s time to prepare for your ultimate MMO racing challenge that’s about to hit home consoles and PC’s near you. With their feet on the gas pedals, today, Ubisoft has outlined the upcoming content that will be releasing with The Crew’s upcoming season pass. Before the content is discussed, there’s a few things to look at first. The content will feature four themed Car Packs, new mission sets, new stickers, and even new tuning kits that will start peeling out onto the chosen platforms starting in January of 2015. The content will also include new PvP modes that will follow shortly after.
Want to know how much money you will save? The content packs will each release on their own for 6.99 USD each or you can purchase all of them for 24.99, which will save you roughly 3 USD when said and done. Let alone the savings, those who opt to get the games season pass will also get two exclusive cars at launch when the game hits shelves on December 2nd. Those with the season pass will also have access to each of the car packs a week ahead of those who opt to buy them separately. Additionally, those who purchase the games “The Crew Gold Edition” will also obtain the games season pass upon purchase. The “Gold Edition” will be a digital only release through the Uplay Shop for PC, as well as PlayStation STore and the XBox Live (XBox One only).
So what does the season pass include? Lets take a look at the official listing from Ubisoft:
- Two exclusive cars – McLaren 12C and Ferrari 458 Speciale – available to Season Pass holders at launch
- One-week early access for all add-on car packs content
- Four packs, 12 cars total:
- Extreme Car Pack- available January 2015, includes performance cars, perfect for exhilarating, high-octane missions
- Speed Car Pack- available February 2015, includes sports cars, finely tuned for breakneck-speed races
- Vintage Car Pack- available March 2015, includes vintage rides, fashionable for missions set in iconic American locales
- Raid Car Pack- available April 2015, includes off-road vehicles, highly recommended for all-terrain missions
- 23 additional tuning kits unlocked to spec out the Season Pass car line-up for premium performance on any terrain
- All official paintjobs and rims for each car
- An exclusive sticker delivered with each car pack
As stated, each content pack will also feature new missions that reflect with each of the DLC pack’s themes. The new missions will be available to all players free of charge. The games customization options, paint jobs, rims, interiors and tuning specs will also be released on in-game stores. For those who want to test out The Crew before it launches, the closed beta for it has started as of today and will run through November 10th exclusively for the PlayStation 4 and XBox One consoles. This is a closed beta guarantee for those who have pre-ordered the title. Those who have not gotten a code can still head over to the following websitet www.thecrewgame.com/beta and enter for a chance to win. Or you can simply head to the official B.A.T.G.R. Facebook Page and let us know why you want to play The Crew Closed Beta and we’ll randomly select two people to get assured beta codes by tomorrow afternoon!
About the Writer:
Dustin is our native console gamer, PlayStation and Nintendo reviewer who has an appetite for anything that crosses the boarders from across the big pond. His interest in JRPG’s, MMO’s, Handheld Gaming, and Pizza is insatiable and can’t be softened by even the biggest names in the gaming industry. His elitist attitude gives him direction, want, and a need for the hardest difficulties in games, which is fun to watch, and hilarity at its finest. To follow Dustin, hit him up on Twitter over at @GamingAnomaly, find him on his Google+. Wanna game with him? You can find him on PSN with RaivynLyken.