Possibly one of the most anticipated updates, Dreams of Ice also known as Patch 2.4, has launched. With this update Square-Enix has announced that this update is the largest content update to date for Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. The Dreams of Ice update offers players a chance to explore an expanded main story scenario as well as the final chapter of the Coil of Bahamut story, and even the titles raid series, which will also feature the games hardest and most trying contests as of date. This update also introduces the highly wanted, anticipated, and finally released; Rogue class, and Ninja Job.
Players will also get to explore new stories that will also feature new locations to explore while also exploring expanded stories in the games original features. In this new update players will get to take on several new events such as the Primal battle against Shiva, while also investigating the hard to find, and mysterious Snowcloak Ice Dungeon, but also new hard mode dungeons, housing wards, PVP ranks, and even other featured content.
For a summary of the new features here’s the official information from Square Enix:
The aches of the realm never cease, and Alphinaud, Scion of the Seventh Dawn, has founded the Crystal Braves in a bid to grant her succor. In their tireless efforts to protect Eorzea and her peoples, the Warriors of Light now aid this fledgling company in uncovering a plot that could otherwise bring the realm to its knees. What dark forces stir in the shadows of Eorzea?
A sampling of Dreams of Ice (Patch 2.4) new / featured content can be found below:
· The continuation of the main scenario
· New rogue class and ninja job
· New Shiva primal battle (Hard / Extreme modes)
· New Snowcloak dungeon
· Dungeon hard mode: Sastasha
· Dungeon hard mode: The Sunken Temple of Qarn
· The addition of new housing subdivision, further increasing the amount of housing plots available
· New Hildibrand side story, along with the introduction of fan-favorites Ultros and Typhon
· The Final Coil of Bahamut
· The introduction of a new Allagan tomestone and an increase in the item level
· Addition of new PvP ranks